Re: PostScript and pixmap

Why do you need to place the pixmap into a PS plot?  Can you just set the
plotting device (using SET_PLOT) to PS and re-plot your data?  If you put
your plotting commands in a subroutine you could easily save it in all sorts
of formats by using SET_PLOT and DEVICE and calling your plotting routine.

If you NEED to do it the hard way, you do something like this:

image = TVRD()
SET_PLOT, 'PS'
DEVICE, filename='plot.ps'
TV, image
DEVICE, /CLOSE

There are a lot of details I left out but this should get you started.

If you are new to PS output with IDL I suggest David Fanning's IDL book.
You might also want to check out Liam Gumley's new book too.  Both are
available thru Amazon.

-Rick Towler

Pine.A41.4.33.0107251802370.98512-100000@slate.Mines.EDU">news:Pine.A41.4.33.0107251802370.98512-100000@slate.Mines.EDU...