Re: polar contour plots

hi Ann,

the coarseness of the grid should only affect the smoothness of the
contours, i would think.  what does your program look like?  are you
trying to do a polar (as in not-cartesian) plot, or a polar (an in
polar stereographic map projection) plot?  if the former, you'll may
want to look at David Fanning's page on the polar plots in general:

   http://www.dfanning.com/tips/polar_plot.html

if the latter, you should be able to get what you want with a call
to MAP_SET (with the appropriate map projection specifications)
followed by CONTOUR.

best,
-Johnny

Johnny Lin