Re: Objects with Widgets, Save/Restore

By now I'd bet all David's object widgets have the same superclass, so
all you basically need is a method for the superclass to prune and
reattach, and the superclass probably could have the same basic widget
id storage facility. If not, a simple search method can be implemented
in the superclass' methods. And then all that seems necessary is a
pointer, which will be local to every instance of call to that method,
even if called in a nested order on subclasses. This way it certainly
would be possible to avoid the curse of globalizing anything in an application.
Cheers,
Pavel
P.S. Oh god. I read this after writing. God forbid a non-IDL person to
reading this stuff. They will report us to a psychiatric hospital :-(