[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Display widgets' scaling factors
- Subject: Re: Display widgets' scaling factors
- From: steinhh(at)ulrik.uio.no (Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan)
- Date: 10 Sep 1998 08:31:06 GMT
- In-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org's message of Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:03:32 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Oslo, Norway
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:12104
David Fanning wrote:
> The proper thing would be to draw into the first window
> and *immediately* save the system variables.
Yep. That's the name of the game. I wrote a couple of routines
many years ago (ca 1994!) to deal with this kind of task. They're
used like this:
p1 = pstore(1) ;; Returns a "plot region ID number"
plot,somethingelse ;; You may have more than one plot in
;; a window.
p2 = pstore(2) ;; Hence the number "2"
p3 = pstore(1) ;; First plot this window
prestore,p1 ;; Restores variables + does wset
To get just these files, look at
Get files pstore.pro, prestore.pro, pfind.pro and pconvert.pro.
The routines were designed to work with scaled (rebinned), displayed
images as well (actually, mostly!), hence the mention in the
doc's about data X/Y size etc.
I think these routines are *mostly* independent of other
routines in that S/W tree, but you may have to change
TRIM() -> STRCOMPRESS(STRING(),??)
SETWINDOW -> WSET