Re: array subscripts

David Fanning wrote:
> I've been using this for so long I can't really remember
> where I learned it, but I suspect it was from Ray Sterner's
> unpublished (so far) IDL manuscript. He has dozens of
> useful subscripting tips like this. :-)

Perhaps you read the IDL manual? The book 'Building IDL Applications'
has a chapter about 'Array Subscripts' with a section about 'Subscript
Ranges'. ;-)

By the way, the book is online:
  ftp://ftp.rsinc.com/pub/idl_5.1.1/info/docs/building.pdf
See page 62.

Cheers,
Kevin
--
  Kevin Ivory                           Tel: +49 5556 979 434
  Max-Planck-Institut fuer Aeronomie    Fax: +49 5556 979 240