[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Max value vector
- Subject: Max value vector
- From: "Thomas C. Stubbings" <stubbing(at)fbch.tuwien.ac.at>
- Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:18:21 +0200
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:14852
What I would need is something like the MATLAB command max(i) where i is an
array(n,m) and max(i) returns a vector containing the maximum value of each
column. The IDL max command only returns a scalar containing the absolute
maximum of the array.
I even tried a big loop running through each column to find the max of each,
but IDL doesnt accept loops with 64000 iterations
What alternatives do I have?