[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OOB array indexing with an array gives no error message
- Subject: Re: OOB array indexing with an array gives no error message
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:02:41 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15065
Bobstrosity (email@example.com) writes:
> It seems that you can index an array with a "bad value"
> if that bad value is an array rather than a scaler.
> The Point: some code could potentially run off the end of
> an array by replicating the last part, without telling you.
It could indeed. On the other hand, I've seen many a good
IDL programmer use this feature to good advantage for
boundary error handling. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155