dll's in windows

 I have been unable to find SOLID documentation with step by step
instructions on creating and implementing dll's(dlm's?) for use with
CALL_EXTERNAL to call FORTRAN programs from IDL in windows 95/98
anywhere, and there seems to be no "sharelib" subdirectory on my IDL 5.2
software.(which supposedly has information on this subject) The external
development guide does not have explicit instructions for windows 95/98
either. If anyone could please shed any light on our dilemna, it would
be greatly appreciated.

please reply to: daga@lehigh.edu

Thank You,
David Garry