[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Reading-in ASCII Files
- Subject: Reading-in ASCII Files
- From: konu(at)tuli.dhs.org
- Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:00:36 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: @Home Network Canada
- Sender: Kristjan Onu <konu(at)cr214048-a.lndn1.on.wave.home.com>
- User-Agent: tin/pre-1.4-981002 ("Phobia") (UNIX) (Linux/2.2.6 (i586))
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15335
I've written a program that has quite a few input parameters. Passing all the parameters as arguments is impractical. I think, that instead, I should an ASCII file for input. What I want to do looks like this:
PRO REGISTER, Input_file
@Input_file ; I know I can't do this
Does anyone how know to get the behaviour I desire on the second line.
Input_file is an ASCII file that looks like this:
; some informative comment
var_1 = 5
; more comments
var_2 = 'string/to/a_filename'
If this simply can't be done, I suspect I'll have to "parse" the Input_file. Does anyone know of a procedure/function to do this?