Reading-in ASCII Files

Hello,

I've written a program that has quite a few input parameters. Passing all the parameters as arguments is impractical. I think, that instead, I should an ASCII file for input. What I want to do looks like this:

PRO REGISTER, Input_file
@Input_file	; I know I can't do this
END

Does anyone how know to get the behaviour I desire on the second line.

Input_file is an ASCII file that looks like this:

; some informative comment
var_1 = 5
; more comments
var_2 = 'string/to/a_filename'

If this simply can't be done, I suspect I'll have to "parse" the Input_file. Does anyone know of a procedure/function to do this?

Thanks,

Kristjan Onu