Eating Humble Pie

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure why, but I've sold about 80 books in the
past week (57 in one day alone). I suppose it might be
because of my appearance on the Jerry Springer show
(Software Companies Who Can't Explain 24-Bit Color).
I sprained my wrist banging a chair over someone's head,
but the increased book sales are almost enough to
cover my hospital bills.

In any case, I believe that *someone* must be downloading
software from my web page, and I have a confession to make.
It's a long story, and I *really* don't want to go into it,
but the long and short of it is I made changes to my BEST
program, XCOLORS. I put the new version on the web page
sometime last week and I just learned, much to my chagrin,
that not only was it *still* buggy, but the damn thing
didn't even compile. :-(

This, along with another collapse of my tennis game
(my hot-shot son finally beat me), has me wishing I
had gone into some other line of work. Say, putting
out oil well fires, or something easy like that.

All this is a long way around to say that if you
want a decent version of XCOLORS, I *think* I have
a reasonably debugged one at the usual place:

   http://www.dfanning.com/programs/xcolors.pro

P.S. Let's just say I'm looking for someone who
wants to pay a LOT of money for a business that's
going downhill fast. Programming expertise is
apparently not required. :-(