[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Boundary Finding (Edge Enhancement)
- Subject: Boundary Finding (Edge Enhancement)
- From: "cwlai" <eddylai(at)eecs.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:34:03 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Intel Corporation
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15689
I am trying to find the edges of patterns in an grey-scale image. After
finding the edges (or boundaries) of
interested patterns, I need to calculate the areas.
The built-in Sobel and Roberts method are not good enough
for my purpose. Are there any written routines for
boundary finding or edge enhancement?
I searched on Pete Riley's web site
(http://nis-www.lan.gov/~uk2/idl/ ,but I could not find
useful routines for edge enhancement. Is there anyone
familiar with this subject?
p.s. I am new to IDL. Please bear with me for asking