Re: Licence question

Craig Markwardt (craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu) writes:

> If you signed a contract with RSI that limits your options, well then
> that's one thing.  Otherwise, I would argue that you are free to give
> away or sell your *original* scripts to anyone you choose.  It seems
> the consultants who visit this newsgroup do it all the time. :-)

Uh, better believe it!

I haven't asked the good folks are RSI specifically about this,
but it seems to me it is in their interest for people to sell
as many IDL programs, classes, and books as they possibly can.
Those things won't do much good without IDL software, and *that*
is the business RSI is in. :-)

P.S. But I wouldn't be sharing or selling my softkey. :-)