[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IDL and WAVE: # and types of users?
- Subject: IDL and WAVE: # and types of users?
- From: Mitch Grunes <grunesm(at)sprynet.com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 10:33:10 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: MindSpring Enterprises
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16222
I wish to estimate how many users there are for IDL and PV-WAVE.
Anyone have any idea? In terms of who has more, and in
actual #'s? Also: am I right that IDL users mostly fall
into the remote sensing community, while PV-WAVE users are
mostly financial business? Or is that nonsense?
(I know I am a bit tired of trying to make my software work
My own best guess is that each has only a few thousand at the
very most. But that would make it hard for them to make
a living--unless they make most of their income from software
subscriptions, technical help, training and consulting.