[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL Spawn command on UNIX system
- Subject: Re: IDL Spawn command on UNIX system
- From: mgs(at)ivsoftware.com (Mike Schienle)
- Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:11:21 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Interactive Visuals, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16225
In article <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "John D. Sample"
>I'm using IDL to SPAWN a c program on many UNIX systems using the 'remsh'
>(remote shell) command.
>I would like to SPAWN these jobs in the background and forget them until
>later, but, by default my IDL session stops and waits for the SPAWNed job to
I hope this is something you've overlooked and I'm not sounding like an
idiot for suggesting it, but how about adding an ampersand (&) to the end
of the command string which is sent to the spawn command? That would
background the spawned command and return to the IDL command/program
without waiting for the process to complete.
Mike Schienle Interactive Visuals, Inc.
email@example.com Remote Sensing and Image Processing
http://www.ivsoftware.com/ Analysis and Application Development