[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ?Must run program twice for color to work?
- Subject: Re: ?Must run program twice for color to work?
- From: Liam Gumley <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:15:42 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16311
> I have recently upgraded to 24 bit color on my Dec Alpha. After
> consuling David Flemming's web page I was able to get the color to work
> better, but not entirely correctly. The problem being that the first
> run of a program which makes a color plot produces the wrong colors.
> After the initial run to completion any following runs of the same
> program work okay. However, the initial run must complete before I get
> the desired result, multiple plots do not get any better in the same
> run. I have had mixed results when the initial program is different
> from the second program. I am using IDL Version 5.0 (OSF alpha).
It's hard to say exactly what the problem is without seeing any code.
However the following two items are crucial:
(1) At startup, before you issue any other commands, type
device, true=24, decomposed=0, retain=2
window, /free, /pixmap
(2) Always make sure that you load your color table *before* you issue a
PLOT, CONTOUR, TV, SURFACE etc. command. If your program gives the
'correct' colors on the second run, it's probably because you are not
loading the color table until *after* the plot command is issued.
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison