[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Table widgets
- Subject: Re: Table widgets
- From: nilsj(at)unixg.ubc.ca (Nils Johnson)
- Date: 10 Oct 1999 17:35:29 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- References: <email@example.com> <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16804
: Don't know about the table widget. Don't use it. :-)
So what do you use to get a bunch of strings on the screen so
that it looks like columns of text? Is the table widget overkill
for doing this if I just want to display data and not have it be
modified by the user?
: I once took a survey of the 10 best widget programmers I knew.
: I asked them how they size their text widgets. I got 10
: completely different answers. The only common thread was
: that each answer bordered on voodoo.
How about bugging your friends at RSI to fix this so there's no
black magic anymore? Like getting a fixed-width font and then
having a UNIT setting in characters...