[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Conversions among datums and geographic coordinates
- Subject: Re: Conversions among datums and geographic coordinates
- From: Bernard Puc <bpuc(at)va.aetc.com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 14:47:31 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: AETC,INC.
- References: <38275342.A0B0E649@fsl.orst.edu>
- Reply-To: bpuc(at)va.aetc.com
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17192
We have compiled a set of C routines as shared libraries which can be
called from within IDL to do all those conversions. USGS has a package
called PROJ.4 which is cartographic projection software which can be
downloaded from their website at
http://kai.er.usgs.gov/ftp/PROJ.4/proj.html. Send me an email if you'd
like more information on our implementation.
Joe Means wrote:
> I would like to fine a routine or group of routines to convert among
> datums [NAD27, NAD83], and projection systems [e.g., state plane, UTM]
> and coordinates systems [lat-long, cartesian] that can be called from
> within IDL I have been looking for this for a while with limited
> success. Any one have ideas?
> Joe Means
Bernard Puc AETC, INC.
email@example.com 1225 Jefferson Davis Highway #800
(703) 413-0500 Arlington, VA 22202