Re: Alpha/UNIX rehosting question

In article <80efte$nl2$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  wbiagiot@suffolk.lib.ny.us wrote:
> Hi IDL community,
>
> In the near term, I might be faced with porting my IDL application
from
> a Win95/98 platform over to an Alpha/UNIX combination.  I would like
> ask if anyone is currently using IDL in this configuration and if
there
> are any outstanding problems/inconsistancies or anything that I should
> know.

Hi Bill,

I move IDL code between windows 95, windows NT, Alpha UNIX, and SGI all
the time with no problem.  The only gotcha's are if you have hardcoded
paths, or used explicit sizing on widget components.  The GUI's will
still work, they just look funny.  Some widgets (like sliders) do
behave slightly different between platforms, but normally you can live
with the differences.  I have never noticed any different behaviour with
any internal routines.

-Ronn
--
Ronn Kling