Re: contour plots on walls of a cube

Sorry, this isn't the answer you want, but...

*ANYTHING* you want to do in 3D should (must?) be done
in object graphics. (I would have also underlined the word
"anything" if I could have). I learned this the hard way. Spend
the day or so getting the feel by perusing the IDL programming
tips and IDL Program Library at www.dfanning.com. I put objects
off for a while because I thought I'd be baby stepping my way
around for a week, but David's examples zip ya up to speed fast.
It's difficult to state how much more intuitive obj graphics is
than direct graphics. Now that I think about it, I'll revise my
statement, *All* graphics should be done with objects.

That reminds me, does anyone here know if IDL is "objectizing"
the map functions (e.g. map_continents)? I've got to incorporate
this soon, but now all my graphics are done in OG.

Good luck Eddie, learn and live object graphics.
todd bowers

382ACF8F.3F15583B@see.signature.edu">news:382ACF8F.3F15583B@see.signature.edu...