Re: overlying an image and a contour plot

davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) writes:

> Craig Markwardt (craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu) writes:
>
> > P.S.  PLOTIMAGE uses parts of TVIMAGE.  The good parts.  Thanks David!
>
> Uh, I think the reason TVImage works so well for me
> is that I have the Congrid routine I downloaded
> from you in my Path. Thanks, Craig!

Maybe. :-) You really only notice it when you have an image with just
a few pixels.  PLOTIMAGE is fully self-contained, including a correct
interpolation routine instead of the buggy CONGRID.

After looking at my download logs I realized that people just weren't
getting the additional required programs for things like PLOTIMAGE.
Since then I've made a concerted effort to keep the programs
self-contained, which usually means including a few small functions or
subroutines.

Craig