Mac - DLL issues

TO:  IDL users the world over
From:  Ed Wright, JPL

Question concerning DLL access/builds on a PPC Mac.

I have a large C library (normal static) with functions I wish
to access in IDL.  I wrote a set of wrappers to access the
static lib in the IDL manner.  I then compile the wrapper
as a DLL and include the static lib in the link list.
IDL refuses to find the symbol names via a call_external.

This link a dll to a static lib strategy works on unix boxes.

Do I need to recompile the static library to a DLL for IDL access
on a Mac?

As always,
Ed Wright

DISCLAIMER:  Opinions presented herein are my own and do not, in any
way, represent the opinion or policy of JPL or the California
Institute of Technology.

The opinions may be adopted as policy by the Forces of Evil, Inc. and
The Darkness From Beyond, Inc.  Trademark January 1, 4713 BC (Julian)
or November 24, 4714 BC (Gregorian).

  To the looking glass world it was Alice that said,
  "I've a sceptre in hand, I've a crown on my head.
  Let the looking glass creatures, whatever they be,
  Come dine with the red queen, the white queen and me!"