[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Re: Focus
- From: "Mark Hadfield" <m.hadfield(at)niwa.cri.nz>
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:01:29 +1300
- Cache-Post-Path: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NIWA
- References: <82flr1$nq8$1@News.TM.Odessa.UA> <3846734C.8C907FB4@mail.earth.monash.edu.au>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17652
> Yura Beletsky wrote:
> > I wrote a widget program, where all calculations are carrying out by an
> > external Fortran-code and
> > then results are plotting by the IDL code. For the starting the
> > code I use SPAWN procedure.
> > When I start the program, focus switches to Fortran-code and then, when
> > calculations are finished, focus do not return to the IDL widget
> > see only IDLDE environment and in order to see the
> > results I have to switch to widget program manually. How to solve this
> > problem ? Is it possible to
> > return focus to the widget after finishing the external program ?
When SPAWN returns, call
widget_control, tlb, /SHOW
where tlb is the id of the widget program's top-level base.
As to why focus does not return to where you expect it, I have found focus
in IDLDE pretty quirky. It's never where you want it to be!
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand