Widget fonts

Hi,
    I'm using CDE Motif (X-windows) on OpenVMS, and have a base widget
containing a mixture of text,label,list and table widgets.
I notice that the fonts used vary in size for the different types of
widgets. This makes the output look messy.
How can I use a constant font size for all of these widgets, within the
following constraints:
    1) I do not want button or menu fonts changed - I'm happy with
these.
    2) I do not want to have to use the
WIDGET_CONTROL,DEFAULT_FONT='nnnn' as this would make the application
less versatile, and would no doubt invalidate the previous wish.

Thanx in advance,
    Ian