Re: IDL.5.2.1

Eiichi Sagawa wrote:

> Help needed,
>
> I could remeber that there were several discussions about installation
> problem of IDL 5.2 over Linux/RedHat 6.1 machine, though I was not much
> interested with this topic at that time.  I'm having exactly same
> problem now.  Could anyone tell me how to cope with this?  Seems to me
> problems is related to versin of 'libc'
>
> regards,
>
> Eiichi SAGAWA
> Communications Research Laboratory

The following is a copy of an old message in this newsgroup from
Liam Gumley (I think). It worked at least for Redhat 6.0
I also heard that RSI has released a version 5.2.1 for Linux
in which the installation problem was fixed. You might want to
have a look at html://www.rsinc.com

Regards,
Michael Kueppers

To get IDL 5.2 to work under Redhat 6.0, a patch is required. The
instructions below were posted by Olivier Archer
(mailto:oarcher@ifremer.fr), and have been used here successfully for
two different Linux systems.

---start quote---

Here's another way to get around the problem.
The goal is to define the setfpucw function

__setpucw.c:

void __setfpucw(void)
{
}
void __libc_init(void)
{
}
void _dl_symbol_value()
{
}

Compile it:
#gcc -fPIC -c __setfpucw.c
#ld -shared -o __setfpucw.so -assert pure-text __setfpucw.o

define the LD_PRELOAD environnement variable before launching
idl:
#export LD_PRELOAD=/?/?/__setfpucw.so

---end quote---

--
Michael Kueppers          email: kueppers@phim.unibe.ch
Physikalisches Institut     Tel: [41] - (31) - 631 4419