[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Postscript Output
- To: uq9j <ingo.meisel(at)stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
- Subject: Re: Postscript Output
- From: "Liam E. Gumley" <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:52:13 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- References: <3895B6FF.9274B7BE@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18190
> I'm trying to export the contents of an IDL graphics window to a
> postscript file. This is the IDL code I've been using so far in a
> device, /color, file='file.ps'
> tv,image ;the variable image contains the pixel raster to store
> device, /close
> A postscript file is generated, however, the page is empty.
> What is wrong? Who can help me?
When TV is used to display an image on the Postscript device, you must
use the XSIZE and YSIZE keywords to specify the image size.
However I think you'll find it much easier to grab my IMDISP program
and try the following:
entry_device = !d.name
device, /color, bits=8, file='image.ps'
Note the use of the BITS keyword. I think you'll find IMDISP much easier
to use in graphics windows as well, e.g.