Re: Q: Scientific notation in Obj. graphics

David Fanning <davidf@dfanning.com> wrote in message
> Mirko Vukovic (mvukovic@taz.telusa.com) writes:
>
> > In direct graphics I use textoidl and Hershey fonts
> > for dealing with greek characters, subscripts and superscripts.
> >
> > What is the best way to deal with that in object graphics?
> >
> > I'm under the impression that in OG I have to declare a font,
> > for example Hershey 4 and use it for a text object.  But how
> > do I mix different Hershey fonts?
>
> Humm, well, *that's* a good question. You certainly can't
> use the normal Hershey escape characters, as I just found
> out to my chagrin. :-(

Well there's the enable_formatting keyword to IDLgrText::Init:

    ENABLE_FORMATTING (Get, Set)

    Set this keyword to indicate that the text object should honor
    embedded Hershey-style formatting codes within the strings.
    (Formatting codes are described in Fonts.) The default is not
    to honor the formatting codes.

I know that this causes positioning codes like !E and !N to be recognised
(with TrueType as well as Hershey Fonts). I've never tried the codes to
select different fonts.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand