[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fonts in Z-device
- Subject: Fonts in Z-device
- From: Andy Loughe <loughe(at)fsl.noaa.gov>
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:32:53 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Boulder
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18310
Nice (hardware) fonts in 'X'... no problem!
Nice (hardware) fonts in 'PS'... no problem!
Nice (hardware) fonts in 'Z'... now there's a problem!
I thought the Z-device would know about the fonts
available in 'X', but that is not the case. I
even tried device, set_font = 'Times' and although
I did not get an error, I got vector fonts!
What's a Z-device user to do!?
Here is the example code I used under Red Hat Linux...
IDL> !p.font = 0
IDL> set_plot, 'Z'
IDL> device, set_font = 'Times'
IDL> plot, indgen(3), title='I am testing the fonts here'
IDL> tvlct, r, g, b, /get
IDL> write_gif, 'test3.gif', tvrd(), r, g, b
% Compiled module: WRITE_GIF.
% Loaded DLM: GIF.