Re: Unable to find libblas.so

Ed Wright <ewright@naif.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote in message
38A06668.324A4F65@naif.jpl.nasa.gov">news:38A06668.324A4F65@naif.jpl.nasa.gov...

> To:  IDL Experts
> From:  Ed Wright JPL NAIF
>
> A problem occurs since an upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3 (I did not perform the
> upgrade)
> on an IRIX box.  Any attempt to start IDL causes an error message which
> states the library
> libblas.so cannot be found.  The library seems not to live on my box.
>
> Does information exist which describes this library?

This files is part of Irix, not IDL. On my Irix 6.5.4 system, it resides in

/usr/lib/libblas.so (1896084 bytes).

Do you run an environment setup script before starting IDL, such as

source /usr/local/rsi/idl/bin/idl_setup

or

. /usr/local/rsi/idl/bin/idl_setup.ksh

or do you just execute the idl startup script which resides in
/usr/local/bin ?

Cheers,
Liam.
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley