rstrpos: version 5.2 and version 5.3

Hello,

In their latest software upgrade, did RSI really
throw away the RSTRPOS function and replace it with
STRPOS(/REVERSE_SEARCH) ?

Would they like to fix all the code I have that uses
RSTRPOS?  No... I'll go write my own RSTRPOS.pro, thank you,
or replace *all* my RSTRPOS with STRPOS(/REVERSE_SEARCH).

This kind of non-backwards compatability gives
IDL a bad name... I hear the complaint very often
from ex-IDL programmers.

Check it out...

IDL> print, !version
{ x86 linux unix 5.2.1L Aug  2 1999}

IDL> print, RSTRPOS( '/data/data/data', '/')
% Compiled module: RSTRPOS.
% Compiled module: REVERSE.
          10

IDL> print, !version
{ x86 linux unix 5.3 Nov 11 1999}

IDL> print, RSTRPOS( '/data/data/data', '/')
% Variable is undefined: RSTRPOS.

IDL> print, !version
{ x86 linux unix 5.3 Nov 11 1999}

IDL> print, STRPOS( '/data/data/data', '/', /REVERSE_SEARCH)
          10

--------
Andrew F. Loughe    email:loughe@fsl.noaa.gov    phone:(303)497-6211