Re: rstrpos: version 5.2 and version 5.3

Andy Loughe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In their latest software upgrade, did RSI really
> throw away the RSTRPOS function and replace it with
> STRPOS(/REVERSE_SEARCH) ?
>
> Would they like to fix all the code I have that uses
> RSTRPOS?  No... I'll go write my own RSTRPOS.pro, thank you,
> or replace *all* my RSTRPOS with STRPOS(/REVERSE_SEARCH).
>
> This kind of non-backwards compatability gives
> IDL a bad name... I hear the complaint very often
> from ex-IDL programmers.

It's there.

You just need to add lib/obsolete under rsi/idl to your IDL search path, or,
equivalently, search all sub-paths of lib.  I do this as a matter of course, to
ensure such things don't happen.

JD

--
 J.D. Smith                             |*|      WORK: (607) 255-5842
 Cornell University Dept. of Astronomy  |*|            (607) 255-6263