object graphics colormap bug ?

Hello !

We again discovered a possible bug related to colormap switching into
private mode. We are using Idl on Solaris 2.7 with fvwm2 window manager
on 8 bit clients. When using draw widgets with object graphics, the
colormap is not installed correctly when entering the window with the
mouse, but shortly flickers to correct colors and then switches back to
the previous colormap, which of course gives a distorted view. We reported
a similar bug for Idl 5.2 a couple of month before for ordinary draw widgets
also on CDE, that one disappeared when we upgraded to Idl 5.3. Now, on CDE
the switching is done correctly, and also on fvwm2 for direct graphics after
a patch from RSI was implemented. But that patch seemingly does not work for
object graphics. Can anyone tell the internal differences for both types
of graphic colormap switching approaches ?

--
Dr. Udo Grabowski                           email: udo.grabowski@imk.fzk.de
Institut f. Meteorologie und Klimaforschung II, Forschungszentrum Karslruhe