[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: xmanager does not block
- Subject: Re: xmanager does not block
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:01:41 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <38BA20DC.E2654863@hotmail.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18689
marc (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> I have a program, wich calls:
> (without /NO_BLOCK) but xmanager immediately returns.
> Is there a common mistake I might have made?
No mistake. I'm guessing you are calling this program
from within a widget program that is *itself* blocking.
Only the first program that calls for a block actually
blocks. All the rest run through the block. In practice
you usually make these other program modal programs.
You can read this article for more information:
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155