[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Q] XInteranimate
- Subject: Re: [Q] XInteranimate
- From: "Mark C." <mychan(at)petro-canada.ca>
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:15:06 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CADVision Development Corporation (http://www.cadvision.com/)
- References: <38CF603C.9B5AADA8@ifu.bepr.ethz.ch>
- Reply-To: "Mark C." <mychan(at)petro-canada.ca>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18947
I have tried the MPEG options in IDL and have had a frustrating experience.
This is what I have been doing. It may be a bit clumsy but I am getting what
1) use IDL to generate the individual frames you want in the movie and set
2) use another program to string these individual frames together. For
example, I generate JPEG movies using a program called MovieGear (shareware,
about $35). It also does optimization. Playing is great, forward or back,
pause, etc is ok.
"Koen Janssens" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> I am using the XInterAnimate module to create an animation. However,
> when I want to save the animate using "Write MPEG" there seems to be
> something wrong with the color tables. The module also reports the
> image not being completely in buffer during the saving operation. I am
> running IDL 5.3 on a Macintosh running MacOS 9.
> I also whether other modules are more appropriate for creating
> animations. In general, I am looking for a module which can generate
> animations of volume data.
> Dr. ir. Koen Janssens
> Room No. F21, Institut für Umformtechnik, ETH Zentrum CLA
> Tannenstrasse 3, CH-8092 Zürich, Switzerland
> Tel: +41-1-6320623, Fax: +41-1-6321289
> E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ifu.ethz.ch