Constrained Fitting

I've been testing  a number of the curve fitting routines in IDL with my
data.  I've been using mainly CURVEFIT and LMFIT.  I have three
parameters in a bi-exponential fit and I need to put constraints on
these parameters.  As far as I can tell, putting constraints on the
parameters is not possible with the current fitting routines.  Am I
missing something?  Is there a different fitting routine that I haven't
found that allows either non-linear least squares fitting or something
like it with constrained fitting parameters?

Thanks for your help.
Lanette
lfriesen@irus.rri.on.ca