[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Constrained Fitting
- From: Lanette Friesen <lfriesen(at)irus.rri.on.ca>
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:50:43 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The John P. Robarts Research Institute
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19035
I've been testing a number of the curve fitting routines in IDL with my
data. I've been using mainly CURVEFIT and LMFIT. I have three
parameters in a bi-exponential fit and I need to put constraints on
these parameters. As far as I can tell, putting constraints on the
parameters is not possible with the current fitting routines. Am I
missing something? Is there a different fitting routine that I haven't
found that allows either non-linear least squares fitting or something
like it with constrained fitting parameters?
Thanks for your help.