Re: NML for the Connoiseur

BTW the only thing that IDL/PVWave do nicer are the advanced graphics. But
the sources include an RPC connection to IDL for just that purpose.
Otherwise, the base language of NML is far easier to use and much more
CONSISTENT!

- DM

David McClain <dmcclain@azstarnet.com> wrote in message
se49uo3jead12@corp.supernews.com">news:se49uo3jead12@corp.supernews.com...
> Dear OCaml Enthusiasts,
>
> It has been stewing for more than a year now, a continuing work in
progress,
> but it is high time that I release a matured copy of the code and sources
> the world. NML (Not ML, Numeric Modeling Language, Numeric ML, Nearly ML,
> ...) is an interactive, dynamically typed, tail pure, compiled (to native
> code closures) functional language, whose syntax closely follows that of
> OCaml, but where all math operations are overloaded and vectorized on real
> and complex data in the form of lists, vectors, multidimensional arrays,
> tuples, etc.
>
> It has proven itself in the field for the past 9 months. Numerous samples
> are included with the sources, including a translation of Norvig's Prolog
> interpreter (just a toy... but it shows the power of NML for non-numeric
as
> well as numeric problems). NML is very fast!!! on large array-based
> problems, and is reasonably fast on non-numeric problems (probably not as
> efficient as OCaml) but certainly a lot easier to code interactively at
the
> command line (no type inferencing and no type checking... hence inherently
> unsafe).
>
> The application and its sources presently runs on Win/NT 4.0 and Linux.
But