[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Calling IDL from any language...
- Subject: Calling IDL from any language...
- From: "David McClain" <dmcclain(at)azstarnet.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:51:25 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19083
I have some sources that provide IDL as an RPC server under Win/NT. I last
used it on version 5.2.1 (it has been in use for about 3 years now), so it
is unknown whether or not it works on 5.3.x. (Knowing RSI, it probably
doesn't - but their tech support will supply you with the missing/broken
items). The advantage of using RPC here is that, unlike "Callable IDL", you
can stop/restart the server as often as you like while your other programs
continue running. It also provides a language independent interface to IDL.
It also does a proper job of interfacing arrays, unlike the RSI COM
If anyone needs these sources, just drop me a line - they are free for the