[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: interpreter access
- Subject: Re: interpreter access
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 05:11:40 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19113
Thomas Fechner (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> my next task is to realize a GUI with IDL and I
> want to call some external commands (C-programms,
> shell scripts, IDL-functions etc.) from widgets
> directly and (that's my problem) also copy these
> commands to the IDL command window (interpreter
> window). Is there any possibiltiy to access the
> interpreter window from any IDL widgets and what
> is to do therefore?
The easiest way to gain access to the IDL command
interpreter from any program is to use the "virtual
functions": Call_Function, Call_Procedure, and Call_Method.
And for what those don't do, there is good ol'
Execute to mop up the rest. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155