Re: heap_gc behaviour

David Fanning <davidf@dfanning.com> wrote:
> your office mate out for a couple of Danish. Putting
> it in a program is, to me, a mark of a ... well, an
> *inexperienced* programmer. :-)

      aaahhh, pedantic mode is not helpfull
      in the moment, but it will be added before
      launch...

     nowadays most the time I'm hunting in an irregular,
     undiscovered, sometimes hostile data-space,
     interactive in emacs idl-pvwave mode and try to
     survive with hybris and tons of existing or
     'ad-hoc' tools. probably very common...

     I don't want to fight against IDL too --
     but while IDL *promised* an umbrella (i.e. 'heap_gc')
     I was flying into a passion when I got the
     impression, that this umbrella don't work
     *just* in the case of rain.

> Much better to learn how to free pointers and
> destroy objects correctly than have to resort to

     ok, I will go back to C where I'm starting
     fifteen years ago. oh, not really... :-)

     best regards,
     martin rother.
--
Martin Rother (rother@gfz-potsdam.de)   0331/ 288-1272           Division 2.3