Re: pointer to structures

Liam E.Gumley (Liam.Gumley@ssec.wisc.edu) writes:

> A very reasonable argument. I strive for readability and consistency
> before flexibility, because it allows me to come back to my source code
> after a weeks vacation and figure out what the heck I was doing before I
> left.

One of the reasons I always give my wife for not taking
vacations is that not only do I lose a week of income
while I'm traveling, but I lose three weeks of income
when I get back trying to re-learn everything I used to
know about IDL. :-(

P.S. Let's just say those poor soul's signed up for
the next Advanced IDL Programming course in the UK
in June are in for it. That course falls smack in
the middle of a tour of German beer gardens and a
trip to Wembledon. They don't stand a chance.
"Uh, IDL!? Something to do with Cobra, I think." :-(

On the other hand, that might be one of the most
entertaining courses I've taught in a long time. :-)