[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
need help with spawn and readf
- Subject: need help with spawn and readf
- From: Ramji Digumarthi <ramji.digumarthi(at)lmco.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 06:59:14 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: O/L9-23
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19271
I am looking for some examples of using spawn and readf with IDL and C.
I am currently using IDL 5.0 and 5.1 versions. I can read and write
using binary readu(IDL) and write(C).
I would like to use readf(IDL) and fprinf(C).
I spawn a child process and in the child process.
this does not work and the IDL program hangs...
if modify the C-code fprintf to fprintf(stdout,"%d\n",int_var)
then I get
READF : input conversion error
any comments or any examples?