[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: need help with spawn and readf
- Subject: Re: need help with spawn and readf
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:21:20 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <38F72432.BDE9B590@lmco.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19272
Ramji Digumarthi (email@example.com) writes:
> I am looking for some examples of using spawn and readf with IDL and C.
> I am currently using IDL 5.0 and 5.1 versions. I can read and write
> using binary readu(IDL) and write(C).
> I would like to use readf(IDL) and fprinf(C).
> I spawn a child process and in the child process.
> IDL code:
> spawn,program, unit=prg
> C code:
> int int_var;
> this does not work and the IDL program hangs...
> if modify the C-code fprintf to fprintf(stdout,"%d\n",int_var)
> then I get
> READF : input conversion error
> any comments or any examples?
Just one comment: Ain't gonna happen. :-)
The pipe is unformatted binary only.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155