[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IDL & AltiVec
- Subject: IDL & AltiVec
- From: jvkepner(at)sirius.Princeton.EDU (Jeremy Kepner)
- Date: 22 Apr 2000 19:06:39 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Princeton University
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19380
As anyone seen the IDL/AltiVec demo that is
mentioned on IDL web-site? They metion 10X
improvements on some application.
In the article they mentioned using the special
AltiVec library calls, which seems curious since
there are publically available vector processing
libraries which support AlitVec as well as other
vector processing hardware (e.g. VSIPL http://www.vsipl.org/).
If they used something like VSIPL than they would
see these kinds of speedups on other machines
besides the Mac (e.g. Intel MMX).