[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Interploation/extrapolation problem
- From: Murray Shearer <shearerm(at)bp.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:44:21 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Before you buy.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19439
I am interpolating a set of data with scattered x,y,z coords and a
given variable (pressure). I can interpolate the data easily enough
generate surfaces and so forth.
Problem is being scattered data some parts of the regularly spaced
array I generate have been extrapolated rather than interpolated.
Consequently I get some dodgy results round the edge of my volume. Is
there anyway I can exclude the extrapolated part of the array?
I don't really want to shrink the volume I use to exclude these edge
effects as due to the layout of the sensors which provide the data I
wouldn't have much left!
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.