Interploation/extrapolation problem

Hi,

I am interpolating a set of data with scattered x,y,z coords and a
given variable (pressure). I can interpolate the data easily enough
generate surfaces and so forth.

Problem is being scattered data some parts of the regularly spaced
array I generate have been extrapolated rather than interpolated.
Consequently I get some dodgy results round the edge of my volume. Is
there anyway I can exclude the extrapolated part of the array?

I don't really want to shrink the volume I use to exclude these edge
effects as due to the layout of the sensors which provide the data I
wouldn't have much left!

Cheers
Murray

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/