Re: plot range in Object Graphics

Pavel Romashkin wrote:

> I think you also have to apply the same normalization (xcoord_conv) the
> rest of the plot has, to the one you are adding.

Right. I didn't mention that.

> In cases like this, I tried also keeping plot limits in an array, to avoid
> multiple looped
> queries to IDLgrPlots contained in my graph. This way, it is easy to
> reset the limits of the axes if, lets say, you remove the plot that
> caused axes to extend to a certain limit.

Another simple minded approach I thought of was making some IDLgrPolygon objects
that sit around the plot limits. This way, any lines that were plotted beyond the
axis would be hidden by the polygons. There would be alot of extra rendering
happening of course. Despite the inelegance, the advantage would be that you
wouldn't have to change the ranges of the plots.

Brad

P.S. This illustrates one reason why I wish there was a way to call methods on an
object array without looping: when you are setting a property of all the objects to
the same value.
( PlotObjArr->SetProperty, xrange=xr,yrange=yr  )