[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Max memory on IRIX?
- Subject: Max memory on IRIX?
- From: Dave Wyble <wyble(at)cis.rit.edu>
- Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:38:46 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Rochester Institute of Technology
- XPident: jac9336
- XPident: Unknown
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19582
We're having some memory difficulties. The problem is that we cannot
seem to get IDL to use any more than about 1.2GB of RAM. We have tons of
swap space allocated, and have verified that it is used correctly. No
matter what we do, IDL seems to have a maximum amount of memory it will
give us, and then no more is to be had.
The procedure is to simply allocate storage:
z1 = fltarr(1000,1000,20)
z2 = ...
until the out of memory error occurs. We monitor system memory and swap
space used. There is nothing else running on the machine, and since we
don't approach the 8GB limit of physical memory, swap space doesn't seem
to come into play.
The system specifics are:
8 GB memory
IDL 5.2 or 5.3 (identical results)
Any ideas out there?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Munsell Color Science Laboratory