[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: newbie:Volume Rendering on IDL
- Subject: Re: newbie:Volume Rendering on IDL
- From: rivers(at)cars3.uchicago.edu (Mark Rivers)
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:59:55 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CARS, U. of Chicago, Chicago IL 60637
- References: <39200757.CD79DEC7@cscs.ch>
- Reply-To: rivers(at)cars3.uchicago.edu
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19613
In article <39200757.CD79DEC7@cscs.ch>, "Sathya Krishnamurthy (CSCS)" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>I am very new to IDL. I have been VTK for sometime. Right now for a
>project due to high-performance requirement, I am to use IDL for doing
>some volume rendering.
>I want to write a custom reader for my data which is in a
>Then, I want to volume render the data.
>Can somebody suggest me how to with IDL ?
I have written a GUI for doing volume-rendering in IDL. It is based on the
demo which RSI provides which shows an electron probability distribution and a
PET/MRI scan. That demo is crippled, since it can't read other data sets, etc.
You can get my volume_render.pro, and also make_movie.pro (view 3-D data sets
as a movie of frames in the X, Y or Z directions, optional MPEG output) and
image_display.pro (2-D image display with pan, zoom, cursor into your data,