Re: Colormaps (a favorite subject!)

Craig;

I've been away from this newsgroup for a LONG time, so I'm sorry that my
answer is 3 months out of date.  I'm sure you've solved the problem by
now, one way or another.  However, one possibility that wasn't mentioned
is to provide your users with a command-line option on startup to allow
them to set this value.  It's not as convenient to change as a pop-up
(when you don't want the default), but it's actually less intrusive for
those who do want the default.

If it's an issue of certain users wanting it, they probably won't mind
having to say something like your_app, ncol=64, especially if they can
set up a script to do this the way they want, and that's a one-time
thing.

Phillip