Re: exporting data

If you specifically want to write a file for use in Excel, then its best to
write a text file where the values are seperated with commas (a CSV file). You
can use the PRINTF procedure to write formated text to a file, or WRITEU to
write binary data.

for example:

data=findgen(10,5)
;Open LUN 1 for data.csv with write access.
OPENW, 1, 'data.csv'
;Do the output operation to the file.
PRINTF, 1, data,format='(9(f,","),f)'
;Close the file.
CLOSE, 1

This will print out the contents of the data array, seperated with commas. Look
at the FORMAT keyword in the help to see how it works.

Brad