A (too?) simple question about importing data

Hi,
another beginner's question, this time about reading data:
I want to read data from ASCII files into a structure. The data look
as follows:

YYYY MM DD HH II SSSSS PPPPPP LLLLLLL KKK RRR
0330 00 00 00 00 00000  50.60   03.40 000 0.0 USGS_EU_Catalogue

the structure, type, and length of variables are always the same, only
the the order might change and some data might be missing. The last
row (without header) contains comments only.

Sounds easy, is (probably) easy - but (still) too difficult for me.

Thanks for any help/ hints in advance,
Michael