Re: A (too?) simple question about importing data

Thanks Craig and Pavel,

your both answers solved the direct problem perfectly (and saved me a
lot of time)  - I originally intended to find a more general solution,
as I receive these datafiles sometimes with resorted columns. I wanted
to read the array automatically depending on the position of the
corresponding characters in the header row.
(it might also be 'PPPPPP          LLLLLLL YYYY ...'
Probably it is far easier and faster to reformat the data beforehand
than spending hours on this problem.

Michael